A NEW WAY OF BEING
Work With Children & Young People
All of the services listed in our sessions and support section can be individually tailored for under 18s. We also offer 1:1 or 2:1 and group sessions, workshops and activity days for children and young people.
Our work with young people combines the core values, methods and approaches of informal and democratic education and youth work along with a range of complementary therapy skills and techniques to create our unique approach to engaging and empowering children and young people.
Samantha has specialised in work with children and young people for 20 years particulary those with special educational needs, school exclusions, autistic spectrum conditions and looked after children and young people.
Our sessions and services are designed to engage and empower: and facilitate young people in increasing resilience, self confidence, and self awareness.
We create a safe and relaxed environment in which young people can begin to explore and deepen their understanding of them selves others and the world and communities around them and how their actions impact upon themselves and others. Our sessions are flexible and free flowing and will be tailored to the individual or group needs and requirements.
They can be offered either at your premises or offsite at one of our woodland or community settings.
All of our instructors are DBS checked and have full safeguarding and first aid training.
Our workshops include:
- Reacting vs. Responding
- Metaronia therapy for children and young people- Light Counselling and intuitive healing.
- Coping and Calming strategies
- Reflect Review and Build a new you
- Building Emotional Resilience
- Reconnecting with Nature (There is no Wi-Fi, but you will find a better connection)
- Family fun days, building bonds and strengthening connections
- Bush craft, Survival Skills and Wilderness Expeditions
- Dance and Circus Skills
- Expressive Art Therapy
- Agriculture and Horticulture… Grow your own
- Sustainability projects
Our work with Children and Young people aims to:
- Create safe and relaxed environments in which children and young people can explore and develop their own feelings, opinions, beliefs, and attitudes at their own pace.
- offer a diverse programme of activities that are interesting, educational, and stimulating to enable them to promote their social, physical, moral, and intellectual development.
- Help to develop the necessary skills to take responsibility for themselves and their actions and to become competent, confident, independent, and co-operative individuals.
- Encourage people to have a positive attitude and respect for both themselves and other people. Equip people with the skills, tools, and knowledge to manage their feelings, behaviours and overcome daily stress and challenges in positive ways
- Offer inclusive services that are accessible to all in the community.